About our meetings and joining
Monday, September 28, 2015
See our calendar for details for each month.
- Meeting runs 7:30-9:00; occasional tutorial sessions start at 6:30.
- HOLIDAYS: Meetings might be canceled if they fall on a holiday Monday. December usually has no meetings.
- Check our Calendar to confirm dates and meeting content.
- We meet twice a month:
- 2nd Monday of each month: Competition. We hold a competition for either prints or digital images (check the Calendar for which type on which dates). Only paid members can enter. Entries are critiqued by an experienced guest judge and ribbons are awarded for the winning entries. Winners of the most recent contest are shown in the slideshow on our home page.
The judge's comments on what works in each image or what could be improved provides a learning opportunity for all attendees, whether or not they've entered an image.
For information about competition types, use the Competition tab and select Competition Types.
- 4th Monday of each month: Theme and Program. Come see--
- A brief "theme" slideshow of members' photos on a monthly challenge theme. Just for fun; photographers can say something about their photo.
- A program consisting of a presentation, demonstration, or hands-on experience presented by invited experts or club members, designed to help club members learn tips and techniques from accomplished photographers.
We welcome visitors at any of our meetings. If you enjoy being here, please join the Club so that you, too, can participate. See our Membership page for details.
Visitors are always welcome at our regular meeting location.