How to submit digital images to a competition or theme
(NOTE: If you're submitting to a PRINT competition, see How to submit to a print competition.)
To submit to a digital competition or to the monthly theme:
- Prep your photos and save them as high-quality JPGs as follows:
- Remove all identifying info from the image (your name, your watermark, etc.).
- Submit the largest size that this site will accept.
(If the size exceeds the maximum size allowed for the website (roughly 10.0MB, but this changes over time), the image will not load and you might or might not see an error message.)
- Log in at sunnyvalephoto.com.
Trouble logging in?
- At the top, select Competitions -> Submit Images to a Competition.
(Optionally click "Show Me How to Submit Images to a Competition" for a video tutorial.)
- Click Select next to a competition type that you want to enter.
(For the monthly Theme, select the theme; "rules" are simply matching the theme in any way.)
- For competitions: Carefully read the Competition Definition.
Also read General Rules for Contest entries.
Note: For Pictorial (General), your competition level--A(Advanced) or B(Basic)--is preset. If you feel it is not correct, let us know ASAP.
- To submit entries:
- At the bottom of the page, click Upload Images into the Competition.
- Click the Select button.
This opens a window to your computer.
- Find and select one or more photos in the same folder.
- Click Open. This displays your files with an orange dot next to them. Wait for the dot(s) to turn green.
- Click Save images and proceed to edit page button.
- Type a Title for the image. Not too long.
- Optionally put in your own Author's Image ID. Don't change anything else.
- Click Save any changes and return to the original page.
- Enter more images?
- For another of the same category you just entered, repeat step 6.
- For one of a different category type, click Return to Competition List and go back to step 4.
Tip: If you enter an image in the wrong category, delete it from that category, then add it to the correct category.
Try it - If you have questions, let us know.
Bonus tip: All images that you upload to a competition are automatically also added to your personal Image Library. If you want to, you can instead start by adding the images directly to your Image Library (select My Account ->My Image Library), and then, when entering competitions, select them from there.
If you have any feedback regarding our site, we've set up a forum for your input. Go to Organization > Discussion Forums, select New Website > Member Feedback, and post your feedback.