How to submit digital images to a competition or theme
(NOTE: If you're submitting to a PRINT competition, see How to submit to a print competition.)
To submit to a digital competition or to the monthly theme:
- Prep your photos and save them as high-quality JPGs.
If the size exceeds the maximum size allowed for the website (10.0MB), the image will not load and you might or might not see an error message.
- Log in at sunnyvalephoto.com.
Trouble logging in?
- At the top, select Competitions -> Submit Images to a Competition.
(Optionally click "Show Me How to Submit Images to a Competition" for a video tutorial.)
- Click Select next to a competition type that you want to enter.
- Carefully read the Competition Definition.
Also read General Rules for Contest entries.
Note: For Pictorial (General), your competition level--A(Advanced) or B(Basic)--is preset. If you feel it is not correct, let us know ASAP.
- To submit entries:
- At the bottom of the page, click Upload Images into the Competition.
- Click the Select button.
This opens a window to your computer.
- Find and select one or more photos in the same folder.
- Click Open. This displays your files with an orange dot next to them. Wait for the dot(s) to turn green.
- Click Save images and proceed to edit page button.
- Type a Title for the image. Not too long.
- Optionally put in your own Author's Image ID. Don't change anything else.
- Click Save any changes and return to the original page.
- Enter more images?
- For another of the same category you just entered, repeat step 6.
- For one of a different category type, click Return to Competition List and go back to step 4.
Tip: If you enter an image in the wrong category, delete it from that category, then add it to the correct category.
Try it - If you have questions, let us know.
Bonus tip: All images that you upload to a competition are automatically also added to your personal Image Library. If you want to, you can instead start by adding the images directly to your Image Library (select My Account ->My Image Library), and then, when entering competitions, select them from there.
If you have any feedback regarding our site, we've set up a forum for your input. Go to Organization > Discussion Forums, select New Website > Member Feedback, and post your feedback.