How to: Submit digital images to a competition or theme
Wednesday, October 14, 2015
- Prep your photos and save them as JPGs.
For digital images, borders are not allowed, except for Creative competition entries.
An entry should consist of a high-quality JPG file.
If the image is larger than 3840 wide x 2160 high in pixels, it is automatically downsized. HOWEVER, if the size exceeds the maximum file size allowed for the website (10.0MB), the image will not load and you might or might not see an error message.
- Log in at sunnyvalephoto.com.
Your user ID is usually your email address.
If you can't remember your password, scroll down on the Login page and click Reset Password to get an email with a temporary password. If you don't receive the email, contact email@example.com for help.
- At the top, select Competitions -> Submit Images to a Competition.
If this is your first time doing this, consider clicking "Show Me How to Submit Images to a Competition" for a video tutorial.
- Click Select next to a competition type that you want to enter.
Note: Each type is a separate competition. You'll have to come back to this page to submit images for a different competition type.
- Carefully read the Competition Definition.
Also read General Rules for Contest entries.
Note: For Pictorial (General), your competition level--A(Advanced) or B(Basic)--is preset. If you feel it is not correct, let us know ASAP.
- At the bottom of the page, select Upload Images into the Competition.
Follow the instructions for uploading, editing titles, etc.
Tip: All images that you upload to a competition are automatically also added to your personal Image Library. If you want to, you can instead start by adding the images directly to your Image Library (select My Account ->My Image Library), and then, when entering competitions, select them from there.
- IMPORTANT: Click Save Images when you've done uploading for this category type.
- Enter more images?
- For another of the same category you just entered, repeat step 6.
- For one of a different category type, click Return to Competition List and go back to step 4.
Tip: If you enter an image in the wrong category, delete it from that category, then add it to the correct category.
Try it - If you have questions, let us know.
If you have any feedback regarding our site, we've set up a forum for your input. Go to Organization > Discussion Forums, select New Website > Member Feedback, and post your feedback.